Interaction with Industry and Public Actors
Interaction with industry and public actors will be ensured through different arenas: the panel of industry experts, the case studies and the participation in the reference group.
The majority of cases are Norwegian industry and public actors, but we also have included several Danish and Swedish cases.
- TINE, Norway’s largest producer of milk, cheese and other dairy products
- Norilia, a subsidiary established by Norway’s largest meat producer Nortura to develop new value added from Nortura’s rest products
- Cambi, a Norwegian technology provider for the conversion of biodegradable material to biogas, and biosolids/fertilizer, operating a global market
- EGE, the Waste-to-Energy Agency of Oslo City with its biogas plant, which treats organic waste from Oslo and its surroundings and produces biogas and organic fertilizer
- BIR, Norway’s second largest waste management company is responsible for waste handling in the Bergen region.
- Carlsberg Group, one of the largest brewers in the world with its Norwegian subsidiary, Ringnes.
- Treklyngen, a Viken Skog subsidiary to develop value added and value chains on forestry products.
- Lindum, a waste treatment company owned by the municipality of Drammen that are involved in recycling, energy production and provision of district heating.
- Langesand Laks, a Danish company that grows environmentally friendly salmon on land in a Recirculating Aquaculture System which is the first commercial sized Atlantic salmon farm in the world.
Beside these arenas of collaboration, the case study companies will be invited to participate in the annual seminars, co-author magazine articles with our researchers and discuss and disseminate the results in other fora.